"The Truth must Dazzle Gradually" ~ Emily Dickenson

Monday, August 3, 2009

Sweet Laughter

I think I'm starting to figure out what makes things worth while...

Of course in following Jesus we seek to enjoy to the fullest the life that He has for us. But how do we do that? How do we know what's worth pursuing and what isn't? These are persistent questions worth asking yourself on a regular basis.

For me, today I did some random things and the monotonous was made worth while because of the laughter and joy surrounding it. Getting up early to walk with my Mom was worth the flow of endless conversation like a stream that bubbles and has moments of depth and good shallow parts that are easy to get across. Even laundry and cooking brought forth reasons for joy.

So why do I do the things I do? I go through the tough times working towards those moments, those moments which remind me that this life God has blessed me with is a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment